How to Buy Designer JewelleryMay 6, 2023
If you’re considering buying designer jewellery, then you might know exactly what piece you want, and why. Perhaps you’ve seen a pair of earrings, or a necklace you like. Alternatively, perhaps you like the idea of owning designer jewellery, but don’t know what you should buy.
Here’s what you need to know.
1. If you’re not sure what you’d like to buy, then think about what jewellery you like wearing. Do you wear a lot of rings? Hate bracelets? Always losing earrings? If you’ve got some idea of what you do and don’t wear already, then you’re a step nearer being able to buy designer jewellery.
2. You might also want to think about when your new designer jewellery will be worn. Will you choose a pair of designer earrings or a necklace that can be worn everyday, or are you looking for something more formal?
3. You’ll also need to consider whether you want something fashionable or something that will still look good in several years time. You might choose a piece that will be extremely fashionable now, by a trendy designer or, want something classic, elegant and timeless.
4. You might also want to think about the colour of your jewellery. Perhaps you want a designer necklace, earrings or ring for formal occasions, that needs to complement a range of outfits, and will choose silver or gold, or perhaps you’ll choose a colour that will be more appropriate for wearing everyday with work or casual clothes.
5. No matter what you’re looking for, and whatever piece of designer jewellery you like, it needs to be a good fit. Otherwise your designer bracelet or ring could fall off and you might lose or damage it.
6. It’s important that you consider the weight of the designer earrings, necklaces, rings or bracelets that you’re considering. You won’t want your piece to be too heavy or bulky. Whilst you’ll want people to notice what you’re wearing, you won’t want your jewellery to be overpowering because you can’t move when you’re wearing it.
7. Comfort is also an issue you’ll need to think about. You might be wearing your designer earrings all day long for work, rather than just for a few hours on special occasions. You might also want to wear your designer necklace, bracelet or ring all the time, and so it will need to be too heavy, too bulky or too intrusive.
8. As you’re looking for designer jewellery as opposed to other sorts of jewellery, it’s quite likely that you will have a few designers in mind. Perhaps you’ve even chosen the piece you like. Maybe you’ll just something from a particular designer, or maybe you like a particular designer’s style, and have lots of that designer’s items already.
9. Even if you’re going to be wearing your designer piece of jewellery all day every day, you’ll want value for money. If you’re choosing something to wear on special occasions, you’ll want to look forward to wearing it, and want it to stand out.
10. Above all, the most important factor is that you love it. There’s no point in buying a designer piece that you quite like, or that you like but doesn’t fit, or that you know deep down you’ll never wear. If you’ve found something, then why not treat yourself to a piece of designer jewellery?
Now you know what to look for, you’ll be able to buy your perfect piece of designer jewellery