Accessories and Their UsesAugust 21, 2023
The term accessory relates to many things including wearing apparel, such as a scarf, jewelery, glasses, and so on, to those bits and pieces we put around our home or office for decorations. We may have accessories on our dinner tables, such as the candles or flowers that decorate it, and we can get accessories for the car by way of a radio, telephone, television and satellite system, by way of examples.
That means that anything that fits into the category of non-essential items for the normal function of the main object is an accessory. With that out of the way lets look at some of the accessory items that Wikipedia and other references list in that category. They just might surprise you.
- Books, plants, vases, lamps, and any decorative items such as pictures, mirrors and so on are rated.
- Tools involved in stamp collecting, such as tongs, hinges, etc, along with the adhesive to attach a stamp to mail are included along with aerogrammes.
- Also listed are the mounts, perforation gauges, stock books and magnifiers.
- Stamp albums, catalogues and philatelic literature can also be regarded as accessories.
- Additional ornamentation such as the bindi, bangles, maang tika, armlets etc. worn in traditional Indian clothing.
- Ties, cummerbunds, vests, shirts, gloves, hats, shoes, handkerchiefs, cuff links, studs, cane, spats, socks, suspenders or ascot are also there.
- Supplemental components to enhance the function of something or to enable multiple products to function together are called accessories.
- The cars spare wheel, tools and other things supplied by the manufacturer including air bags.
- All items not offered as standard equipment for the vehicle are on the list.
- The use of distinct elements; coppered metal and the purity of the white is categorized as such.
- Gold or silver corners for a cover or flip pages on a book or photo album are listed.
- A photo inlay for front cover of anything in any size or position is there.
- Different types of attachments to body piercing stems, such as threaded and captive balls, spikes, jewels and other shapes and designs, make the list.
- Supplemental bits added to a cabinet, often referred to as bells and whistles, plus any nonessential component such as rollouts, pullouts, tilt-outs, hardware, etc. are accessories
- Superman’s cape is an accessory but a Star Wars Freeze Frame slide is not.
More could be added here but the details show that the term accessory can incorporate any article that is used in relation to an item but which is not essential to perform its primary task. So one might term items within a home as accessories, such as bits of furniture outside of the built-ins like cupboards, shower, sinks, flooring, walls, roof, wash basins and the like under this banner.
It is somewhat difficult, therefore, to actually draw the line on what is and what isn’t an accessory. Using the above information makeup is an accessory along with the tools used to apply it, so too the comb and brush, hair spray, shampoo and so on used in the beauty process. In fact, the list is endless and when shopping for accessories, especially through the Internet and an Internet shop one is not stuck for choice.